Played for CSUMB: 2015
Coaches: Alena “Leni” Porte
Working at the Chevron Richmond Refinery and yes, I play for the Berkeley All Blues.
2. What is your best memory of CSUMB Rugby?
Scoring my first try and learning through trial and error all the weird rules that came with rugby.
3. What would you say were your greatest athletic, academic accomplishments and/or coaching accomplishments during your time with CSUMB Rugby?
Just being able to play rugby, I had never played it before and fell in love.
4. How would you describe the CSUMB rugby environment while you were involved? For example socially and/or competitively etc?
It was great I loved how diverse and open and friendly everyone was. I made great friends and loved being able to compete with other colleges.
5. What piece of advice would you have for current CSUMB ruggers? Academically or rugby-related?
Always keep moving your feet, it helps when driving through tackles. Also, take the time to give yourself breaks while you study, don’t over stress yourself.
6. If you can recall, why did you choose to join CSUMB Rugby?
I wanted to play a sport that had physical contact, I always fouled out of basketball and I wanted something with more freedom.
7. How did your athletic involvement aid in the path that you chose following graduation?
It encouraged me to reach out and play rugby once I left college and has helped me create a family in Berkeley.