Played for CSUMB: 2010-2015
Coaches: Marc Furgeson, Taulua (Lua) Saulala Latu and others
I am an assistant golf professional. Rugby is still part of my life but I don’t have time to play but still keep up with it.
2. What is your best memory of CSUMB Rugby?
So many good memories. Best memory was probably playing slugfest or just being with the team.
3. What would you say were your greatest athletic, academic accomplishments and/or coaching accomplishments during your time with CSUMB Rugby?
Rugby is a team sport but when I was playing it was more like a family than a team. Probably one of the best accomplishments was when we got acknowledged by the school and MGC. And being 1 game away from playoffs.
4. How would you describe the CSUMB rugby environment while you were involved? For example socially and/or competitively etc?
The team was more of a family than a team. We were competitive and wanted to show that CSUMB wasn’t just a small school. We wanted to show that we had a team and we were competitors.
5. What piece of advice would you have for current CSUMB ruggers? Academically or rugby-related?
Academically I would say remember that you are in college for an education. School always comes first before rugby because if you cant pass classes you cant play for the school. Rugby-related I would say leave the pitch whether its practice or a game knowing you put everything you could into it.
6. If you can recall, why did you choose to join CSUMB Rugby?
I played baseball the first year and didn’t make it but wanted to play a sport and missed the contact.
7. How did your athletic involvement aid in the path that you chose following graduation?
It made it so the time on the field was a good break from everyday school. When I got back from practice or a game it was easier to just get into homework.