Played for CSUMB: 2013-2015
Coaches: Alena “Leni” Porte and Sharleen Mariano
I still support rugby and love watching it. Otherwise, I’m coaching a different sport and still going to school.
2. What is your best memory of CSUMB Rugby?
The friends I made and the feeling of accomplishment once I learned the rules.
3. What would you say were your greatest athletic, academic accomplishments and/or coaching accomplishments during your time with CSUMB Rugby?
4. How would you describe the CSUMB rugby environment while you were involved? For example socially and/or competitively etc?
Very close team. We all worked hard together on and off the pitch.
5. What piece of advice would you have for current CSUMB ruggers? Academically or rugby-related?
Enjoy it! It’s special to be a part of this community.
6. If you can recall, why did you choose to join CSUMB Rugby?
I wanted to fill a post-high school athletic void. Meaning I was athletic in high school and wanted something to do in college.
7. How did your athletic involvement aid in the path that you chose following graduation?
It was a part of my journey to work with sports clubs at CSUMB and know the value of recreation on campus and for the college experience.